Duration: 6 days
No. of dives: 6
Max depth: 60m
Max deco time: 60 min.
Bottom gas: Tx21/35, Tx18/45
Deco gas: Nx50, oxygen
- Minimum age of 18
- Extended Range certification
- 70 logged dives
- 20 dives deeper than 30 meters
- 10 dives requiring staged decompression with at least one (1) gas switch
- Must have a current medical examination for scuba diving signed by a physical being valid at the registration of the class
- Must complete the medical questionnaire and liability release form before diving.
- 6 days, typically 9:00-17:00
- Day 1: Lecture and confined water session. We review XR skills and drills to include a second deco stage tank and bottle rotation skill.
- Day 2: Open Water Dive 1 & 2, max depth 40m.
- Day 3: Open Water Dive 3, max depth 45m/max deco of 60 min. Gasses: Tx21/35, Nx50, Oxygen.
- Day 4: Open Water Dive 4, max depth 45m/max deco of 60 min. Gasses: Tx21/35, Nx50, Oxygen.
- Day 5: Open Water Dive 5, max depth 60m/max deco of 60 min. Gasses: Tx18/45, Nx50, Oxygen.
- Day 6: Open Water Dive 6, max depth 60m/max deco of 60 min. Gasses: Tx18/45, Nx50, Oxygen.
- One confined water session
- Six open water dives
- Double 12L tank rental
- 11.1L deco tank rental
- 5.7L oxygen deco tank
- All gasses except helium
- Transportation from dive centre to dive sites
- Digital certification
- Diving insurance during training
- Boat dives where applicable
- Trimix fills. Helium prices are subject to change without notice. Therefore Trimix prices are updated accordingly.
- The cost of helium for the instructor shared among students.
- Advanced Gas planning
- Decompression Theory
- Normoxic Trimix Diving
- Gradient Factors analysis and application
- Contingency planning
- Emergency Procedures
- Maximum training depth of 60 metres
- Unlimited decompression
- Use of Trimix 21/35 or 18/45 as bottom gas
- Use of two deco stage bottles (Nitrox 50% & Oxygen)
- Certification is awarded after completion of course and a pass mark of 80% or more is achieved.
- If a passing mark isn’t achieved the first time round, students may retake the exam.
- SSI Technical Extended Range certification is awarded after successful completion of this program.
- At this stage in your diving career it is useful to have your own equipment. If you don’t however, we do carry a limited number of rental regulators for double tanks and deco tanks, as well as backplates and wings to help you get started with your technical diving training.
- A 50% deposit is required upon enrolment, the remaining balance is due before the completion of the class.